Southern Tennessee Regional Health System-Winchester/Sewanee (STRHS) is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the Franklin County Health Department or Grundy County Health Department.
- COVID-19 Testing FAQ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Franklin County Health Department
- Grundy County Health Department
- Tennessee Department of Health
- Franklin County Emergency Management Association
- Tennessee Hospital Association
- Resuming Elective and Non-Urgent Surgeries and Procedures
- Childbirth and COVID-19
- We have reduced the entry point to only the emergency department entrance for all patients, physicians, visitors (if appropriate), and staff.
- The Anderton-Smith Building offices (Winchester) are accessible via the lower level entrance, however, people who come in at this entrance will not be able to access the hospital unless they enter through the Emergency Department.
- The Gift Shop (Winchester) is closed until further notice
- The Café is only be open for employees
At Southern Tennessee Regional Health System, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Effective August 26, 2020, our visitor policy is as follows (PLEASE NOTE: THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME - PLEASE CALL 931.967.8200 FOR MOST UP-TO-DATE POLICY):
- Emergency Department patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor per day (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day).
- Outpatient appointment visitors are restricted beyond essential caregivers.
- One (1) WELL support person is permitted for obstetric patients (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day). Visiting hours for the obstetric patient support person are not limited.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for the Senior Advantage, Meg-Surg, Same-Day Surgery, Inpatient Rehab, ICU and Skilled Nursing Facility units (some approved exceptions may apply - e.g. pediatric patients, POA, and those receiving end-of-life care).
- We are maintaining our limited entry points at the Emergency Department and Anderton-Smith MOB (no access to the hospital from this entry) and continuing to screen everyone (including all employees and medical staff) who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines. Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- All of our waiting areas have been adjusted so that the chairs are six feet apart.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible. We also have resources available for any patients that do not have technology for remote visitation.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
Ensuring the safety of our patients and staff members is always our first priority. We have been preparing for COVID-19 in our community for several weeks, building upon the robust emergency operations plan we have in place year-round. To protect our patients and staff members while treating patients for COVID-19 we have implemented the following precautionary measures:
- To protect our community and all who need medical care, all our positive or suspected COVID-19 patients are isolated on a specialized unit that is disconnected from the remainder of our hospital. Negative-pressure air units are in place to ensure that the airflow from these areas of the hospital remains separate from our other patient, visitor and staff areas.
- In response to the declaration of a national emergency due to COVID-19, we activated our Emergency Operations Plan on March 13, 2020 and have opened an Incident Command Center at STRHS-Winchester. It is staffed Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-6:00 PM can be reached at (931) 967-8208.
- A COVID-19 Medical Staff Task Force has been assembled to handle clinical care pathways and ensure continuity of physician coverage during this crisis.
- We have added additional security around the clock to ensure protection of our patients and staff.
- We are taking extra precautions to keep all our non-COVID-19 areas clean. Nursing, physician and all additional staff for COVID-19 patient areas are ONLY working in COVID-19 patient areas and are not traveling to other areas of the hospital.
- The hospital, hospital outpatient departments, and physician practices/clinics are screening all individuals who enter our facilities, per CDC guidelines – including patients, physicians, visitors (if appropriate), vendors and staff – based on potential symptoms and fever.