Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
At Southern Tennessee Regional Health System, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Effective August 26, 2020, our visitor policy is as follows (PLEASE NOTE: THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME - PLEASE CALL 931.967.8200 FOR MOST UP-TO-DATE POLICY):
- Emergency Department patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor per day (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day).
- Outpatient appointment visitors are restricted beyond essential caregivers.
- One (1) WELL support person is permitted for obstetric patients (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day). Visiting hours for the obstetric patient support person are not limited.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for the Senior Advantage, Meg-Surg, Same-Day Surgery, Inpatient Rehab, ICU and Skilled Nursing Facility units (some approved exceptions may apply - e.g. pediatric patients, POA, and those receiving end-of-life care).
- We are maintaining our limited entry points at the Emergency Department and Anderton-Smith MOB (no access to the hospital from this entry) and continuing to screen everyone (including all employees and medical staff) who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines. Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- All of our waiting areas have been adjusted so that the chairs are six feet apart.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible. We also have resources available for any patients that do not have technology for remote visitation.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.